Helpful LinksEmployee Benefits | Personal Data Form | Tax Clearance Requests | Online Application Form
We are looking for a Benefits Representative to help our members with questions about their benefits. This is a full time position with competitive benefits and a starting annualized salary of $35,298 commensurate with experience and qualifications. The application deadline is Monday, July 16, 2018.
KPERS provides disability and death benefits to protect public employees while they are still working and guarantees them lifetime benefits when they retire. Our membership includes people from all walks of life in a variety of jobs with one thing in common - serving Kansans. The fiduciary standard is our guiding principle and driving force. That means we put the interest of our members first and foremost and are committed to providing them the best possible service.
Duties of the Position
The Benefits Representative spends most of their day counseling one-on-one with members, employers and other interested parties concerning retirement related information as well as KPERS laws, regulations and procedures. Contact is primarily over the phone; however some contact is in person. These calls range from simple to very complex and detailed inquiries. Our Benefits Representatives provide invaluable information to help members make decisions that will provide them a secure retirement.
For a complete job description call 785-296-1476 or email [email protected].
- Health, Dental & Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays & Leave
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Development
- Covered Parking
- Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
High school diploma required. Degree in business administration, public administration, accounting, or related field is preferred. Experience may be substituted for education as determined relevant by the agency.
One year of experience interacting with clients, customers or the public in a social service, customer service, or problem resolution setting. Applicants should have experience performing mathematical calculations, analyzing files for benefits or payments, managing high-volume workloads and working with computer software programs. Proficiency speaking Spanish is a plus. Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.
Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Excellent work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to explain complex information to others in an understandable manner
- Experience working with computer applications
- Ability to compare figures accurately and reconcile discrepancies
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with a diverse group of people
Application deadline is Monday, July 16, 2018. All of the following steps must be completed.
- STEP 1: Register by completing the online Personal Data Form. (Skip this step if you already have an Applicant ID number.)
- STEP 2: Complete the official State of Kansas application form. Submit your online application to the Ks Public Employees Retirement System (listed under R for Retirement System). Use requisition number 189740.
- STEP 3: Submit all additional required documents to Julie Baker, 611 S Kansas Ave, Suite 100, Topeka, KS 66603, fax: 785-380-2103 or e-mail to [email protected]
- Required Documents
- Cover letter
- Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate - must not be expired (see below)
- All required documents must be submitted or your application will be considered incomplete and may result in ineligibility.
Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate:
Each applicant applying for a State of Kansas job vacancy must obtain a State Tax Clearance Certificate. A Tax Clearance is a comprehensive tax account review to determine and ensure that an individual’s account is compliant with all primary Kansas Tax Laws. Applicants are responsible for submitting their certificate with all other application materials to the hiring agency. This is in accordance with Executive Order 2004-03. More Info
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact the agency recruiter if reasonable accommodations are needed for any part of the application or hiring process. KPERS is an ADA/EEO employer.