Helpful LinksEmployee Benefits | Personal Data Form | Tax Clearance Requests | Online Application Form
Applications Developer Supervisor
We are looking for an Applications Developer Supervisor to manage and oversee applications development staff. This is a full time position with competitive benefits and a salary range of $70,926 to $102,843 commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position will be open until filled.
KPERS provides disability and death benefits to protect public employees while they are still working, and guarantees them lifetime benefits when they retire. Our membership includes people from all walks of life in a variety of jobs with one thing in common - serving Kansans. The fiduciary standard is our guiding principle and driving force. That means we put the interest of our members first and foremost and are committed to providing them the best possible service.
Duties of the Position
Responsible for the direct supervision, including hiring and disciplinary actions, professional development, team building and evaluation for staff within the Applications Development Unit. Must establish and maintain a positive and effective team environment conducive to collaboration, communication and high morale.
Plans, organizes, and directs the activities of the application development staff. This requires the ability to coordinate tasks and assignments, set goals, monitor progress, and pursue improvements that allow the end user to be less dependent on IT for special inquires, or provide solutions that make the agency more efficient (ie., multiple use reports, modules/queries, etc.). The incumbent will ensure succession planning is practiced so adequate staff are able to provide solutions and allow for staff absences.
Participate in KPERS’ information technology planning effort. Work with Information Technology and agency management in developing tactical and strategic plans in support of the agency’s mission and business plans. Plans will include the 3 year Information Technology Plan and the Business Continuity Plan.
For a complete job description call 785-296-1476 or email [email protected].
- Health, Dental, & Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays & Leave
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Development
- Covered Parking
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a related field is required. A master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred. Experience may be substituted at the discretion of the agency.
Five years of experience coding, testing and debugging application programs with three years of supervisor/lead worker experience in an applications development environment. Education may be substituted at the discretion of the agency.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of windows platforms using Object oriented programming languages like Embedded C and C++, C#, Microsoft .Net framework, Python, XML, SQL Server, Angular and web services and multithreaded programming.
- Strong knowledge of Windows multi-tier application development, including a basic understanding of ‘Active Directory’, II-S web servers, n-tier technology and TCP/IP protocol.
- Strong knowledge of relational database technologies including Basic Query Language (SQL), primary key and foreign key relationship, data normalization, table joins, stored Procedures, database tuning and database security.
- Application Programming Interface (API) development skills.
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting services knowledge
- Management of code deployment using Microsoft Team Foundations
- Knowledge of Data Visualization tools
- Ability to convey complex and sensitive information in an understandable manner.
- Ability to problem solve with strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships and team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
This position will be open until filled. All of the following steps must be completed.
- STEP 1: Register by completing online Personal Data Form. (Skip this step if you already have an Applicant ID number.)
- STEP 2: Complete the online State of Kansas Application Form. Submit your online application to the Ks Public Employees Retirement System (listed under R for Retirement System). Use requisition number 191738.
- STEP 3: Submit all required documents by emailing them to [email protected] or faxing them to 785-380-2103.
- Cover letter
- Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate - must not be expired (see below)
- All required documents must be submitted or your application will be considered incomplete and may result in ineligibility.
Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate
Each applicant applying for a State of Kansas job vacancy must obtain a State Tax Clearance Certificate. A Tax Clearance is a comprehensive tax account review to determine and ensure that an individual’s account is compliant with all primary Kansas Tax Laws. Applicants are responsible for submitting their certificate with all other application materials to the hiring agency. This is in accordance with Executive Order 2004-03. More Info
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact the agency recruiter if reasonable accommodations are needed for any part of the application or hiring process. KPERS is an ADA/EEO employer.