Quality Assurance Analyst
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst to support initiatives and priorities of the Benefits and Member Services business unit. The Quality Assurance Analyst is involved in initiating and testing Problem Incidence Reports (PIRs) based on review of business rules; creating test strategies and test cases; and successfully executing testing procedures.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Chief Benefits Officer, the Quality Assurance Analyst will ensure B&MS continued success through monitoring the quality of all work or services provided. This is a full time position with competitive benefits and a starting annualized salary of $45,901 commensurate with experience and qualifications. The application deadline is Friday, September 6, 2019.
KPERS provides disability and death benefits to protect public employees while they are still working, and guarantees them lifetime benefits when they retire. Our membership includes people from all walks of life in a variety of jobs with one thing in common - serving Kansans. The fiduciary standard is our guiding principle and driving force. That means we put the interest of our members first and foremost and are committed to providing them the best possible service.
Log and track B&MS Problem Incidence Reports (PIRs) in KITS. Document prioritization of PIRs and coordinate with Information Technology staff on progress. Work with staff members on testing and verification that PIRs are completed.
Manage the B&MS issues log, including documentation of problems, coordination of issues and communications with project coordinator, business analyst and developers on assigned projects.
Collaborate with business analyst and project coordinators and other stakeholders to understand the application testing and validation needs on assigned projects.
Design and document testing strategy for functionality and data and coordinate user acceptance testing to ensure applications function correctly on assigned projects.
Test new applications and work with end users and developers to address any issues found on assigned projects. Assist with implementation in the production environment.
Review existing B&MS policies and business processes, both procedural and technological, to promote efficiency and effectiveness. Recommend changes to management to ensure compliance and improve work processes.
Routinely test samples of various types of benefit transactions based on Benefits & Member Services performance standards.
Validate quality processes by establishing quality attributes, measuring production results, documenting evidence, determining operational and performance qualifications, writing and updating quality assurance procedures, determining system improvements, and implementing recommended changes.
Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information gathered through the quality assurance processes.
Serve as lead worker on special projects assigned by Chief Benefits Officer or Deputy Chief Benefits Officer by exercising independent judgment when evaluating situations and making decisions within the scope of B&MS policy and KPERS laws and regulations. Will plan, organize, oversee and review the work of coworkers performing a variety of functions related to the special project. Depending on the project, results will be written and/or verbal.
Identify and evaluate risk areas and provide input for development of corresponding business processes.
Trouble-shoot business processes with the goal of implementing the quality standards established by B&MS and KPERS and those established by law and regulation.
Perform other duties and special projects as assigned in order to meet the objectives of the Benefits & Member Services Division and KPERS.
Overall, work independently or as part of a team to uphold KITS initiatives and the quality standards of B&MS and KPERS. Responsible for ensuring that other staff produce quality work and services; if not, the Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for reporting errors or insufficient service to management staff. The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for recommending and implementing changes designed to improve the quality of business rules or processes. As part of the project team, works to ensure that business objectives are met, and provides status updates regarding progress. Participates in lessons learned to ensure successes are repeated and problems are addressed.
- Health, Dental, & Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays & Leave
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Development
- Covered Parking
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
Degree in business administration, public administration, accounting, or related field. Experience may be substituted for education as determined relevant by the agency.
One year of experience testing applications, reviewing work process or auditing files and documenting findings. Candidates should also have experience interacting with clients, customers or the public in a problem resolution setting. Experience performing mathematical calculations, analyzing files for benefits or payments, managing high-volume workloads and working with computer software programs is a must. Experience working in a pension administration or benefits claim environment is preferred. Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to contribute to quality control and PIR development requirements, plans and reports.
- Ability to document business processes and quality assurance of BMS services.
- Ability to create test scrips.
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors.
- Ability to analyze and understand complex data requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and non-negotiable deadlines.
- Ability to consistently exhibit work behaviors consistent with KPERS core values of service, integrity, respect, accountability, innovation and teamwork.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to interact with others in a congenial manner and ability to work effectively within a team.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Ability to listen effectively and process information quickly to provide quick and accurate responses in high pressure and critical situations.
- Ability to explain complex information to others in an understandable manner.
- Ability to compare figures accurately and reconcile discrepancies.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel to create documentation.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, regulations, rules and business processes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Strong attention to detail.
Complete the following to apply for this job. All required documents must be submitted for your application to be complete.
- Step 1: Complete the online application in the State of Kansas Employment Center.
- Step 2: Verify all required documents have been uploaded:
- Into your application
- Cover Letter
- State Tax Clearance Certificate (must not be expired)
Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate
Each applicant applying for a State of Kansas job vacancy must obtain a State Tax Clearance Certificate. A Tax Clearance is a comprehensive tax account review to determine and ensure that an individual’s account is compliant with all primary Kansas Tax Laws. Applicants are responsible for submitting their certificate with all other application materials to the hiring agency. This is in accordance with Executive Order 2004-03. More Info
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact the agency recruiter if reasonable accommodations are needed for any part of the application or hiring process. KPERS is an ADA/EEO employer.